Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"It is better here in the Philippines"

 My first Saturday in Maydolong and I not only met more cousins, but they showed me Christ-like grace by including me in their plans. I don't think I'll ever know if Joey and Kimberly said anything to them, maybe mentioned how reserved and shy I was (I know, shocker), but whatever the case I was very grateful.


They showed me what the life of a Filipino teenager in the province could offer, teased me about my accent just as much as I teased them about theirs. For once I was the one being ministered to, instead of the other way around and I forgot how good it felt to just be part of the youth without any call to take charge. The Lord really is giving me rest.


In typical Filipino fashion we all crammed ourselves into the tricycle. Balancing ourselves with three in the buggie, two behind Kuya Obet, two in the back, and two on top, we made our way to the beach and the hanging bridge that would lead us to the outskirts of the island.


To say that they like getting their picture taken is an understatement, but it was all in good fun. I couldn't wait to share them with the rest of the world. They're my family now and forever. Amen! haha


And how can you not love a group of kids who understand the fun of a "melodrama" picture?
Gotta love 'em.

No comments: