Thursday, February 09, 2012

"It was the end of a decade, but the start of an age”

[.my.corner.]

She shut her eyes and let the music take her, the words wrapping around and hugging her to them until she swore she could feel their warmth throughout her entire body. She swayed along with the music, letting it guide her movement like puppet strings, but she didn't feel out of control. No. She felt free. Ready to fly as she stretched her arms out wide and let the melody carry her spirit above her body, into the air.

"Long, long live the walls we crashed through
How the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
I was screaming long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders
I'm not afraid

Singing, long live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you
I was screaming long live the look on your face
And bring on all the pretenders
One day we will be remembered"

No comments: