Sunday, July 28, 2013

I still have my moments...


of homesickness.

Which makes absolutely no sense, since I am "technically" home. But I guess it does make sense. Home has come to encompass different places than just Upland, CA.

And hasn't that always been the case?

I felt at home at Nanay's old house...
I feel at home at Daddy Nonoy's

I feel at home in Diamond Bar,
in Walnut,
West Covina,
in Rowland Heights.
Pomona...

Home has been a compilation of my life thus far for a very long time. So why should I be surprised that I miss the Philippines and sometimes get that butterfly feeling when I hear of things or from people in Samar?

They say home is where the heart is and my heart has left pieces of itself all over, with people from all over.

I just wish there was an easy way to deal with this. Sometimes it is so overwhelming with the amount of joy it brings. Other times it is so overwhelming with the amount of sorrow it piles on.

It's never easy. And yet, I wouldn't trade it for anything because...this is what God wanted for me. It has to be or else He wouldn't have made it this way.

It's late right now, but I'm just trying to ease my mind. My heart is getting stretch marks, but...I think with those ones I'll be okay. xP

No comments: